Monday, April 20, 2009
"I do not know everything though many things I understand," (A Wrinkle In Time).
1. IN YOUR OWN WORDS (without reusing any of the words already in the quote) describe what this quote means to you. Please provide explanations while comparing and contrasting it with your own life.
SAMPLE ENTRY FORMAT
1. This quote means ______________________ because ________________________. This quote applies to my life by _________________________________________. Although it may apply to my life at times, here is how it does not apply to my life _____________________________________.
Submitted and inspired by: Caprice M. on 4/20/09.
1. What are the Mrs. W's?
a. What is special about these characters?
b. What do they add to the novel?
c. Choose the Mrs. W's to be something else. Describe to us what you have chosen them to be and explain how the novel would be different. BE SPECIFIC!!! I EXPECT
QUALITY responses. That are WELL written. YOU MAY NOT HAVE THEM STAY THE
SAME or have them be similar to what they already are.
2. What is IT? What else could you make IT be and have the story stay mostly the same? Explain.
Inspired and submitted by: Korbin S. on 4/20/09.
"A line is not the shortest distance between two points," (A Wrinkle In Time).
1. What does this quote mean in relation to the novel?
2. Do you think this quote makes sense in the math world? Why or why not?
3. When does/can this quote connect with something in your life or in the lives of mankind. Be specific and provide us with descriptive responses.
Submitted by Sammy G. on 4/20/09
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
"The more a man knows, the less he talks,"
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing," (Socrates).
1. Compare these two quotes. What messages are each of them sending?
2. Find another quote that projects a similar message and post it in your entry. You may not use the same quote as someone else! Explain how this quote connects with the previous quotes.
3. What does this quote mean in reference to your life or the lives of mankind?
Sample Entry Format
1. These two quotes are the same/similar/alike because __________________.
2. Another quote that sends the same main idea is, "_____________," (Author). This quote connects with the previous quotes because __________________.
3. For my life, this quote means ______________________________________.
3. This quote can apply to mankind by sending mankind the message to _____________________________. This would benefit mankind because ____________________________.
"When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightening, or in rain?" (p. 59).
1. What does this quote mean in the novel?
2. How many ways can you connect it with your life?
3. What does this quote mean to you?
4. How can you connect with the responses others have made?
Sample Entry Format
1. In A Wrinkle In Time this quote means__________________________________ because _________________________________.
2. I can connect it with my life in ______ ways. For example ________________________________.
3. This quote means to me _______________________________________ because _________________________________. 4. I can connect with ________ response because ________________. I also connect with _______________ response because _________________. _________is similar to mine in several ways such as ___________________.
"An old donkey knows more than a young colt," (p. 55).
1. Do you agree or disagree? Support your answer with specific examples. Think about when this statement is true and when it could not be true.
2. Read the other students' responses and support the answers and ask them questions about their entries. Your goal is to extend their thinking. One idea should lead you to another. THINKING NEVER ENDS.
1. An ___________ knows more than a _______________ because _____________. For example ___________________________________.
*****Then keep adding examples to support your point.*****
*****ONE EXAMPLE IS NEVER ENOUGH*******
Sample Commentary Format
2. Dear ________,
I really like how you _________________. It made me think of _________________. Have you ever thought about ____________________? I could connect your answer and ____________ answer because ___________. Thank you for making me think . I can't wait to read your response.